Simon's new PC is now complete, Richard finally uses an iPad Pro, and we discuss Apple's "Error 53" fiasco which has been ruining the iPhones of those that dare to turn to third parties for repairs.
Don't be blinded by Simon's shiny buckles and please avoid the steaming pile of turd which belongs to Richard.
Listen: Direct Download
Links for this episode
- iPhones 'disabled' if Apple detects third-party repairs — BBC News
- ‘Error 53’ fury mounts as Apple software update threatens to kill your iPhone 6 — The Guardian
- Apple says iPhone 'Error 53' is to protect customers' security — The Guardian
- Update likely meant only to display error and not brick phone — Twitter
- FTDI on counterfeit chip bricking: “Our intentions were honorable” — ArsTechnica
- Garry mods Garry's Mod to catch pirates — Engadget
- Apple has lost the functional high ground — Marco.org
- Tomorrow with Joshua Topolsky: 39: John Gruber Crashes His Tesla Into Your Heart — Overcast