Taylor Swift is in the news again, although this time it's not of the InfoSec variety. Taylor decided to write an open letter to Apple voicing concerns for independent artists with Apple's soon-to-be launched streaming service. Apple relented with their payment plans, but why? The gang try and untie the subject without avoiding the elephant in the room.
Your heroic trio also discuss advertising and the problems facing publishers and end-users on the web in light for the news that Safari and mobile Safari will block ads by default and Apple's iOS 9 'News' looks set to be largely ad-free.
Listen & Download
Listen: Direct Download
Links for this episode
- BBC News: Apple Music changes policy after Taylor Swift stand
- Eddie, Cue's, tweets
- Better Elevation: To Taylor, Love Dave
- Dave Wiskus tweet one and two
- Richard Bailey Seal of Approval
- Fast Company: How DuckDuckGo Rode A Wave Of Post-Snowden Anxiety To Massive Growth
- Daring Fireball: Ad Blocking Irony
- The Deck
- XKCD #576 - Packages