In this week's freestyle episode of The Technically Correct Podcast "topics" include:
- Using your phone as a sat-nav in your car
- Simon's London travel woes
- The downsides of dedicated sat-navs
- Offline mapping
- The UK plan to force carriers to share cell towers in remote areas
- A picture of the UK telecoms landscape
- The pros and cons
- Why isn't there a government-owned carrier? (Potentially with Amazon-like behavior)
- A kickstarter for potato salad
- It's stupid
- Nobody made money this easy since million dollar home page
- Facebook tries to alter people's moods in the name of "science"
- Would it be as bad if they had only tried to make people happy?
- The culture of Facebook and their employees
- It's fucked up, seriously fucked up
Meanwhile: Mark used to be cooler, Simon gets fake-racist, Richard doesn't care about the facts, and potato salad never brought so much rage.
Listen & Download
Direct Download: Episode 41: I Used To Love Potato Salad
- C|Net: How to use Google Maps offline mode on iOS, Android
- BBC News: 'National roaming' plan to tackle mobile phone blackspots
- Polygon: Potato salad Kickstarter reaches goal, promises better mayonnaise
- Million Dollar Homepage
- A.V. Club: Facebook tinkered with users’ feeds for a massive psychology experiment