Please shave the barnacles off the boat before entering the Technically Correct barge. In this episode the gang give their final thoughts on the Apple/Beats deal after it goes through for $3bn, pontificate on what WWDC might bring, try and make sense of the Surface Pro 3, stuggle to get to the bottom of the TrueCrypt conspiracy, and discuss Amazon's dirty treatment of book publisher Hachette.
So put down your flying disc (frisbee), forget about the hoovering (vacuuming) and unwrap the air bubble cushioning material (bubble wrap) from your brand new headphones because it's time to listen to the first of two episodes in this action-packed week.
Note: A WWDC special will be released later in the week. Aren't you all a lucky bunch?
Listen & Download
Subscribe in iTunes
Direct Download: Episode 36: Skeuomorphic Barnacles
- BBC News: Apple agrees to buy headphone maker Beats for $3bn
- Apple’s Jimmy Iovine and Eddy Cue Explain the Beats Deal and Hint at the Future (Video)
- Apple: WWDC 2014 Keynote Video
- Microsoft: Microsoft Surface Event
- Wikipedia: Chuck (TV Series)
- Poynter: Amazon complains about news coverage it won’t comment on
- The Register: Microsoft Cortana EULA contains the Greatest Disclaimer of ALL TIME
- BBC News: 'Genericide' – Brands destroyed by their own success