In this episode of the Technically Correct Podcast, the hosts discuss Microsoft's [eventual] announcement of their new CEO Satya Nadella, and what it might mean for the dinosaur of the technology world. Also, Google sells Motorola Mobility's handset division to Lenovo and the gang ponder what Lenovo could have planned and how much money Google lost on the deal — but mostly they just enjoy saying LENOVOROLA.
Finally Apple's 2014 Q1 results are quickly run through before a meaty, but mostly nerdy, discussion about the possibility of a larger screen iPhone in the near future breaks out. If you like real-time analysis of a television ad then you're in for a treat… and presumably a large therapy bill.
Listen & Download
Subscribe in iTunes
Direct Download: Episode 21: Plug 'n' Play Figurehead
- Satya Nadella - Microsoft's CEO
- Microsoft: Windows Azure
- Ben Evans: The Irrelevance of Microsoft
- Reuters: Lenovo to buy Google's Motorola in China's largest tech deal
- Lenovo Shop: ThinkPad X1 Carbon
- Apple: First Quarter Results
- The Wall St Journal: Apple iPhones to Come Out With Bigger Screens
- MuleRadio: The Talk Show with John Gruber. Episode 69 - Peter's Going To Want His Money Back
- YouTube: iPhone 5 TV Ad - 'Thumb'