It doesn't matter how open your tablet is, you still can't get Hulu Plus.
In this episode your beloved hosts discuss the state of Television in 2013, it’s frustrations and what the future may hold, the “openess” of Android and the dichotomy of the Android user-base.
Along the way the gang give listeners a guide for how to obtain a very expensive coaster, remeisce about AOL free CDs, choose airlines with the nicest peanuts, warn against cuddling Google and Reg fights crime.
Listen & Download
Direct Download: Episode 3: The Image And The Reality
- Netflix sucess mirroring AOL’s decline
- A list of Netflix original content
- The HBO Go App. At the time of recording the HBO Go Apple TV App had not yet been announced.
- Android BBC App complaints
- The Magazine: Issue 4 - Anti-Apple Anger by Marco Arment
- The Android Bubble
- Benedict Evans: who cares that Android is ‘open’?
- BBC Appeal Finding: Development of iPlayer and its availability on different platforms