“Can I have MAX_INT pasties, please?"
In this week's episode Simon walks everyone through the recent exploit found across multiple internet of things device that caused some serious downtime for many websites. The gang discuss what can realistically done to prevent this becoming commonplace in the future and also why you don't need or want a smart kettle.
Prior to Apple's Keynote on October 27th Simon, Mark, and Richard broadly discuss the Mac lineup, Apple's priorities in this area, and what we could potentially expect from the upcoming announcement.
Listen: Direct Download
Links for this episode
- Wikipedia: Domain Name System
- F5: The IoT Bot That Took Down Krebs and Launched a Tbps DDoS Attack on OVH
- Motherboard: We Need to Save the Internet from the Internet of Things
- BBC: Webcams used to attack Reddit and Twitter recalled
- Krebs on Security: Hacked Cameras, DVRs Powered Today’s Massive Internet Outage
- Twitter: Thermostat tweet
- YouTube: David Kaplan - When hardware must "just work“ - An inside look at x86 CPU design